PUNJAB LOCAL GOVERNMENT (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2014
An Act further to amend the Punjab Local Government Act, 2013
[Gazette of Punjab, Extraordinary, 10th November, 2014]
ACT XXII OF 2014
No. PAP/Legis-2(40)/2014/1145.–The Punjab Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2014, having been passed by the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab on 24 October 2014. and assented to by the Governor of the Punjab on 08 November 2014, is hereby published as an Act of the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab.
Whereas, it is expedient further to amend the Punjab Local Government Act, 2013 (XVIII of 2013) for purposes hereinafter appearing;
It is enacted as follows:–
- Short title and commencement.–(1) This Act may be cited as the Punjab Local Government (Amendment) Act, 2014.
(2) It shall come into force with effect from 4 September 2014.
- Insertion of Section 146-A of Act XVIII of 2013.–In the Punjab Local Government Act, 2013 (XVIII of 2013), hereinafter referred to as the said Act, after Section 146, the following Section 146-A shall be inserted:
“146-A. Companies for cattle markets.–(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, the Government may establish a Company under the Companies Ordinance, 1984 (XLVII of 1984) for establishing and maintaining a cattle market for an area consisting of two or more Districts.
(2) A local government shall not organize, establish and maintain a cattle market without the consent of the Company established under sub-section (1).
(3) All the Chairmen and Mayors of the local governments, except the Chairmen of Union Councils or Authorities in the area of a Company, shall be members of the Company.
(4) A cattle market established under sub-section (1) shall be deemed to be a catt;e market organized by a local government under Sections 77, 81 or Section 87 of this Act.”
- Amendment in Third Schedule of Act XVIII of 2013.–In the said Act, in the Third Schedule:
(a) in Part-II, entry at Sr. No. (11) shall be omitted; and
(b) in Part-III, entry at Sr. No. (14) shall be omitted.
- Amendment in Eighth Schedule of Act XVIII of 2013.–In the said Act, in the Eighth Schedule:
(a) in paragraph 2, in sub-paragraph (3), in the proviso, for entry at serial No. (iv), the following shall be substituted:
“(iv) cattle brought to a cattle market; and”, and
(b) paragraphs 7 and 8 shall be omitted.
- Repeal.–The Punjab Local Government (Amendment) Ordinance 2014 (VII of 2014) is hereby repealed.