SBNP District Government Rules of Business, 2001
No. In exercise of the powers conferred by section 31 of the SBNP Local Government Ordinance, 2001, the Government of SBNP is pleased to make the following Rules:-
PART A – GENERAL
1. Title and Commencement. –
1) These rules may be called the “SBNP District Government Rules of Business, 2001”.
2) They shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions. –
1) In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires-
i) “Business” means all work done by the District Government in pursuance of the provisions of the SBNP Local Government Ordinance, 2001, and these Rules;
ii) “Case” means a particular matter under consideration and includes all papers relating to it and necessary to enable the matter to be disposed of including correspondence and notes and also any previous papers on the subject or subjects covered by it or connected therewith;
iii) “Committee” means a committee constituted under the SBNP Local Government Ordinance, 2001, and under these Rules;
iv) “Council” means the Zila Council of the district and City District concerned;
v) “Decentralize” or “decentralized” means conferment by the Government under the SBNP Local Government Ordinance, 2001, of its administrative and financial authority for the management of specified offices of the Provincial Government to the local governments; 2
vi) “District Administration” comprises the district offices, including sub-offices of the Departments of the Provincial Government decentralised to the District Government and other offices set up by the District Government and grouped under the Executive District Officers and Coordinated by the District Coordination Officer;
vii) “District Coordination Officer” means a civil servant of the Federation or of the Province appointed as such by the Provincial Government to serve as the coordinating head of the District Administration under the provisions of the Ordinance;
viii) “District Government” includes a City District Government
consisting of Zila Nazim and District Administration as provided in section 13 of the Ordinance;
ix) “District Secretariat” means the office of Zila Nazim and groups of offices of the District Government when referred to collectively;
x) “Executive District Officer” means an officer who heads a group of offices other than the District Coordination Group of offices in the District Administration and appointed as such by the Provincial Government;
xi) “Group of offices” means a group of offices mentioned in column 2 of Schedule-I to these Rules;
xii) “Local government” means:-
a) A District Government or a City District Government and Zila Council; 3
b) A Tehsil (Taluqa) Municipal Administration and Tehsil (Taluqa) Council;
c) A Town Municipal Administration and Town Council; and
d) A Union Administration and Union Council;
xiii) “member” means a member of the Zila Council;
xiv) “office” means a decentralized office and other offices specified in columns 3 and 4 of Schedule-I;
xv) “Ordinance” means the SBNP Local Government Ordinance, 2001;
xvi) “public representative” means an elected person to any political office;
xvii) “Rules” mean SBNP District Government Rules of Business, 2001;
xviii)“sub-office means” a sub office of the District Office established at the Tehsil (Taluqa) or Town level; and
xix) “Schedule” means a schedule to these Rules.
2) All words and expressions used in these Rules, but not defined, shall, unless the context otherwise requires, have the same meanings as in the SBNP Local Government Ordinance, 2001.
3. Business of District Government. –
1) The business of the District Government shall be disposed of by the District Secretariat, offices and sub-offices in a group of offices.
2) Unless varied and notified by the Provincial Government, the decentralized offices in a district and sub-offices located at the Tehsil (Taluqa) level or below shall continue performing their assigned functions and provide 4 services to the people within their area of jurisdiction as they were doing on the commencement of the Ordinance.
3) The offices and sub-offices set up on or after the fourteenth day of August, 2001, shall perform the functions and provide services as notified by the Provincial Government at the time of creation of such offices and sub offices.
4) During the transition period and till the reconstruction of the civil services, the officers and officials in the District Government may use the new titles and continue to serve in their pay scales.
4. Heads of offices. –
1) The District Coordination Group of Offices shall be headed by the District Coordination Officer:
Provided that individual offices in the District Coordination Group of Offices shall be headed by the Deputy District Officers.
2) A group of offices other than the District Coordination Group of offices, shall be headed by an Executive District Officer.
3) The Executive District Officer shall be the head of the group of offices and shall be responsible for its efficient administration and discipline and for the proper conduct of business assigned to each office and for the due execution of the sanctioned policy.
4) In the absence of the Executive District Officer for any reason, the Zila Nazim may, in consultation with the District Coordination Officer, assign the current charge of the post of the Executive District Officer to
another officer from within the same group of offices:
Provided that the case for posting of a regular Executive District Officer shall be initiated without any delay.
5) The District Officers shall head the district offices.
6) The Provincial Government shall set up sub-offices of the offices decentralized to the District Government in every Tehsil (Taluqa) or town in a City District depending upon the needs of such Tehsil (Taluqa) or, as the case may be, town for such sub-office:
Provided that where any sub-office already exists or is set-up in a Tehsil (Taluqa) in a district or town in a City District, the Deputy District Officer shall head such sub-office.
5. Distribution of work among officers in a group of office. –
1) The Executive District Officer shall ensure that the distribution of work among the District Officers, Deputy District Officers and other officers in the group of offices under his control is allocated appropriately.
2) The duty lists of all the officers and officials in a group of offices shall be prepared and compiled in the form of a booklet for ready reference and supplied to the Zila Nazim and District Coordination Officer and other concerned officers.
(3) The Coordination Office of the District shall issue a compilation of the duty
lists of all the officers of all groups of offices.
4) The duty lists shall be reviewed by the Executive District Officer and District Officers after one year for identifying redundant jobs in the group of offices concerned and issue revised lists, if deemed necessary.
5) The Executive District Officer on the basis of the review carried out under sub-rule (4), may recommend reduction of posts in the annual budget of his group of offices.
6) If in the opinion of the Executive District Officer, new posts are required in an office under his jurisdiction, he shall submit a detailed justification for creation of such new posts along with the budget proposal.
6. Transaction of business. –
1) No important decision relating to administration of a group of offices shall be taken without the approval of the Zila Nazim.
2) The Executive District Officer shall keep the Zila Nazim informed of every important case disposed of by him.
3) Decisions taken by the Zila Nazim shall not be varied, reversed or infringed without consulting him.
(4) Where the orders of the Zila Nazim appear to involve a departure from rules, regulations or Government policy, the Executive District Officer shall resubmit the case through the District Coordination Officer to the Zila Nazim inviting his attention to the relevant rules, regulations or, as the case may be, Government policy.
5) Subject to sub-rule (1), the Executive District Officer shall be responsible for proper implementation of decisions concerning his group of offices.
7. Responsibilities of the Zila Nazim. –
1) The Zila Nazim shall perform such functions and exercise such powers as have been assigned to him under the Ordinance and these Rules.
2) The Zila Nazim shall ensure that the business of the District Government is carried out in accordance with the provisions of the Ordinance and the rules made there under.
3) No order shall be issued without the approval of the Zila Nazim in the cases specified in Schedule II.
4) The Zila Nazim shall in consultation with the Provincial Government initiate action in accordance with the provisions of the relevant efficiency and discipline rules against those officers and employees who have been reported to be inefficient, undisciplined or corrupt by a Monitoring Committee.
8. Responsibilities of the Naib Zila Nazim. –
1) The Naib Zila Nazim shall deputize for the Zila Nazim in his absence.
2) In his capacity as convener of the Zila Council, he shall provide liaison between the Zila Council and the Zila Nazim.
(3) Naib Zila Nazim shall supervise the working of the Secretariat of the Zila Council, and shall be responsible for the careful observance of Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Meetings of the Zila Council.
9. Duties and Functions of District Coordination Officer.
1) The District Coordination Officer shall be coordinating head of the District Administration.
Explanation: The expression “coordinating head” means the authority to call for review and assess the performance of the groups of offices, individually or collectively and give directions for taking actions or measures for improving efficiency, service delivery and achievement of goals assigned in the approved plan of the District Government.
2) The District Coordination Officer shall perform such duties and functions as have been assigned to him under the Ordinance and these Rules.
3) In matters of policy and important decisions, the District Coordination Officer shall obtain approval of the Zila Nazim before communicating such matters and decisions to the Provincial Government.8
4) The District Coordination Officer may call for any case or information from any group of offices.
5) The District Coordination Officer shall be responsible in execution of the policy.
10. Duties and Functions of Executive District Officer. –
1) An Executive District Officer shall perform such duties and functions as have been assigned to him under the Ordinance and these Rules.
2) An Executive District Officer shall assist the District Coordination Officer in execution of the policy.
3) While submitting a case for the orders of the Zila Nazim, it shall be the duty of the Executive District Officer to suggest a definite line of action.
4) An Executive District Officer shall submit all proposals for taxation and the bye-laws to the Zila Council through District Coordination Officer.
5) An Executive District Officer shall be responsible for the strict observance of these Rules in his group of offices.
11. General Procedure for Disposal of Business. –
1) Subject to the approval of the Provincial Government, instructions as to the manner of disposal of the business of the District Secretariat shall be issued by the District Coordination Office.
2) If any doubt arises as to the office to which a case properly pertains, the matter shall be referred to the District Coordination Officer for decision. 9
3) All orders shall be made in writing and where a verbal order is made, the officer receiving the order shall take appropriate action if the situation so demands and reduce it in writing and, as soon as may be, show it to the authority making the order for confirmation.
4) If an order contravenes any law, rule or policy decision, it shall be the duty of the officer next below the officer making such order to point it out to the officer making the order and the latter shall refer the case to the next higher authority.
5) If any doubt or dispute arises as to the interpretation of these rules, the case shall be referred to the Provincial Government whose decision shall be final.
12. Orders, instruments, agreements and contracts. –
1) All executive actions of the District Government shall be expressed to be taken in the name of the District Government.
2) Save in cases where an officer has been specifically empowered to sign an order or an instrument of District Government, every order or instrument shall be signed by the District Coordination Officer, Executive District Officer or District Officer and such signatures shall be deemed to be the proper authentication of such order or instrument.
3) Instructions for the making of contracts on behalf of the District Government and the execution of such contracts and all assurances of property shall be issued by the Law Office.
4) The District Coordination Officer shall, in consultation with the Zila Nazim, communicate to the relevant authorities, the names and signatures
5) Of the officers who may sign the notifications on behalf of the District Government for publication in the official Gazette.10
13. Consultation among groups of offices. –
1) When the subject of a case concerns more than one group of offices –
a) The Executive District Officer primarily concerned shall be responsible for consulting the other groups of offices; and
b) No orders shall be issued nor shall the case be submitted to the Zila Nazim, until it has been considered by all the concerned groups of offices:
Provided that in a case of urgency, with the approval of the Zila Nazim, this requirement of consultation may be dispensed with, but the case shall, at the earliest opportunity, thereafter, be brought to the notice of the concerned groups of offices in writing.
2) In the event of difference of opinion amongst the groups of offices, the Executive District Officer primarily concerned shall submit the case to the Zila Nazim through District Coordination Officer.
3) When a case is referred to by one group of offices to another group of offices for consultation, all relevant facts and the points necessitating the reference, shall be clearly brought out.
4) Where consultation with other groups of offices is not required, a group of offices may, for the purpose of information, transmit copies of communication received by it, or any
notice to show cause to such other groups of offices as may be considered necessary.
5) An Executive District Officer may ask to see a case of another group of offices if it is required for the disposal of a pending case in his group of offices.11
6) The District Coordination Officer may ask to see a case of any group of offices involving important policy question.
7) In case an Executive District Officer has submitted a case directly to the Zila Nazim for any cogent reason, the Zila Nazim shall after recording his decision return the case through the District Coordination Officer.
8) Where the District Coordination Officer considers that the proposal of the Executive District Officer or the decision of the Zila Nazim is against the policy of the Provincial Government or is contrary to the laws or rules for the time being in force, he shall resubmit the case to the Zila Nazim proposing proper line of action and for reconsideration.
9) If the Zila Nazim disagrees with the proposal of the District Coordination Officer and the District Coordination Officer considers that the decision will create unnecessary financial burden on the national exchequer, he may refer the case to the Provincial Local Government Commission under the provisions of the Ordinance for a final decision and a copy thereof to the Zila Nazim.
14. Reference to the Zila Nazim. –
1) No order shall be issued without the approval of the Zila Nazim in–
a) Cases involving important policy or departure from important policy;
Explanation: Departure from policy includes departure from a previous decision of the Zila Nazim;
b) Cases enumerated in Schedule II.
2) The Zila Nazim may require any case to be submitted to him for information.
15. Consultation with Law Office. – The District Law office shall be consulted by all groups of offices –
a) On all legal questions arising out of any case;
b) On the interpretation of any law; 12
c) Before instituting criminal or civil proceedings in a court of law in which District Government is involved; and
d) Whenever criminal or civil proceedings are instituted against District Government
16. Executive Committee. –
1) The Zila Nazim shall constitute an “Executive Committee” with the District Coordination Officer as its Chairman, to facilitate coordination among the groups of offices to provide avenue for the consideration of matters of common interest and to tender advice in any case that may be referred to the Zila Council or the Zila Nazim.
2) An Executive District Officer who wishes a particular matter to be discussed in the Executive Committee
meeting, shall apprise the Coordination Office of the District Government of his intention of doing so and forward twenty copies of a brief note on the subject which would form the basis of discussion.
3) The Coordination Office shall issue notice of the meeting together with the agenda, well in advance of the meeting provided that urgent items may be considered at short notice.
4) Only the Executive District Officers shall attend the meetings of the Executive Committee.
5) Minutes of the meeting shall be recorded by an officer of the Coordination Office who shall attend the meeting for the purpose and circulate such minutes after approval by the District Coordination Officer.
17. District Police Office. – The District Police Officer shall keep the Zila Nazim informed of all matters effecting law and order and the public tranquility.
18. Disposal of cases. –
1) The channel of submission of cases shall be vertical and not horizontal. 13
2) The tiers through which a case may pass on shall not be more than two, excluding the Executive District Officer.
3) The cases in which precedence is available and no major departure from policy is involved, shall be disposed of by Executive District Officers or District Officers.
4) All notes shall be temperately written and shall be free from personal remarks.
5) Proper decorum shall be observed in commenting upon the notes recorded by the senior officers and where an error is to be pointed out and an opinion is to be criticized, it shall be done in a respectful language.
19. Manner of submission of cases to the officers of the District Government. –
1) When a case is required to be submitted to the Executive District Officer, it shall be the responsibility of the District Officer concerned to ensure that all relevant papers, references and extracts of the laws and rules are submitted along with the case for quick disposal.
2) In his note, the District Officer concerned shall certify that all the relevant papers required for the disposal of the case have been submitted.
3) All files and records shall be kept and maintained properly by the concerned office.
4) Any officer who notices that tempering of records has been made by his staff or colleague, he shall immediately bring this fact to the notice of the Executive District Officer concerned with a copy to the District Coordination Officer for an appropriate action against the accused.
5) No page of the file either of the note portion or of the correspondence portion shall be removed.
6) If a note has been written in the note portion erroneously, it shall be crossed out and a new note shall be written. 14
20. Meetings. –
1) The Executive District Officer shall endeavor to convene meetings of all the officers in his group of offices under his control once in a month to discuss-
i) Important pending cases;
ii) Specific problems calling for general expression of views or exchange of ideas; and
iii) Questions of general interests concerning his group of offices as a whole.
2) The District Officers shall hold periodical meetings with their subordinate officers.
3) Brief minutes shall be recorded mentioning only the salient points considered and the decisions taken without recording individual view points, except on request.
21. Reference from the heads of sub-offices (Tehsil/Taluqa offices) and heads of offices. –
1) Cases requiring the approval of the District Government shall be referred in a complete form to the group of offices concerned by the heads of sub offices (Tehsil/Taluqa offices), or the heads of District Offices, as the case may be.
2) Cases referred to the group of offices by the offices shall ordinarily be settled through personal discussion
between the head of office and the Executive District Officer concerned.
22. Information to be supplied to a Monitoring Committee.
1) The Chairman or a member of a Monitoring Committee shall not contact formally or informally any officer or official other than the District Officer at the District Headquarters, Deputy District Officer incharge of Tehsil/Taluqa level office and 15 officer or official incharge at the Union level for obtaining information required by the Monitoring Committee.
2) The Chairman of the Monitoring Committee shall ask for information in writing and the officer incharge shall supply the information as early as possible as but not later than three days.
3) Where the requisite information is of classified nature, the information shall be supplied after observing all the formalities as prescribed in the relevant rules and instructions.
23. Processing of fresh receipts. –
1) All fresh receipts or cases shall be processed promptly.
2) No case shall be kept pending for more than three days by an officer below the level of the Executive District Officer.
3) Where the processing of a case requires more time, the immediate superior officer shall be informed.
4) A report of the pending cases in a group of offices shall be prepared after every month and submitted to the
District Coordination Officer along with the reasons for delay in the disposal of such cases.
24. Dealing with the public representatives and visitors. –
1) All officers and officials working in the District Government shall use polite and decent language while dealing with the public representatives and visitors in their offices.
2) As far as possible, entertainment of the public representatives and visitors during office hours shall be avoided.
3) All offices of the District Government shall observe timings for public dealing as approved by the Zila Nazim and all officers and officials should remain available during the public dealing time for quick service. 16
4) The Executive District Officer shall be responsible to ensure that citizens do not face any inconvenience due to the absence of a government employee.
25. Bar on attending public functions. –
1) The Zila Nazim or any officer of the District Government shall not accept gifts from the citizens and where a gift is accepted during a public function, the gift received shall be deposited with the Coordination Office of the District Government for disposal of gifts in the manner prescribed by the Provincial Government.
2) The gifts to be presented to the foreign dignitaries by the Zila Nazim or a nominated officer of the District Government shall, as far as possible,
be of local origin and not very expensive.
26. Postings and transfers. –
1) The officers and officials in the offices of the District Government shall be posted by the Provincial Government.
2) Normal tenure of posting will be three years.
3) The request of an officer or official for premature transfer from one district to another district shall be forwarded to the Provincial Government by the Human Resource Management Office of the District Government with the permission of the Zila Nazim.
4) The request for premature transfer from a district to another district or to the Provincial Government made by the District Coordination Officer or Executive District Officer shall be forwarded by the Human Resource Management Office of the District Government after obtaining the consent of the Zila Nazim.
5) The premature transfer of a District Coordination Officer on the initiative of the Zila Nazim shall be processed by the office of the Zila Nazim. 17
6) The recommendations of public representatives for postings or transfers of the officers and officials shall not be attended to.
7) Recommendations pertaining to Provincial Government employees for their postings and transfers shall be forwarded to the Provincial
Government for placement in their personal files.
8) In the case of District Government employees, the recommendations for their postings and transfers shall be made part of their personal files.
9) No employee shall be relieved of his duties unless an alternate arrangement has been made.
10) Transfers within the group of offices and at the same station shall be made by the Executive District Officer concerned, while transfers to another station shall be made after seeking approval of the Zila Nazim.
11) No transfer of an officer or official shall be made to punish him
12) No transfer of an officer or official shall be made during the disciplinary cases pending against him.
27. Approach to public representatives in service matters.–
1) No employee shall, directly or indirectly, approach any public representative or any other non-official person to intervene on his behalf in his service matters.
2) No employee shall bring or attempt to bring political or other outside influence, directly or indirectly, to bear on the Government functionaries in support of any claim arising in connection with his employment.
28. Record of Performance Evaluation Reports or Annual Confidential Reports.–
1) Human Resource Management Office of the District Government shall be
responsible to maintain the record of the Performance Evaluation 18 Reports or Annual Confidential Reports of all the officers and officials of the District Government.
2) In the case of Provincial Government employees and those of the Local Council Service, a copy of the report shall be sent to the concerned Administrative Department and the Local Council Board, as the case may be.
3) The record of the reports retained in the office of the Deputy District Officer, Human Resource Management shall be kept strictly in accordance with the relevant instructions of the Provincial Government.
29. Promotions. –
1) Cases for promotion of officers and officials of the Provincial Government shall be processed by the Provincial Government.
2) Cases for promotion of the officers and officials of Local Council Service posted in any office of the District Government shall be processed by the Local Council Board.
3) Cases for promotion of officers and officials of the servants of Local Government shall be processed according to the rules applicable to such category of employees.
30. Bar against dealing with cases relating to officers own promotion, transfer, pay or allowances or conduct.– No officer shall deal with a case relating to his own promotion, transfer, pay or allowances or with a case dealing with his own official conduct.
31. Administrative and Financial Powers.
1) No senior officer of the District Government shall exercise the powers delegated to a junior officer.
2) Where a situation requires the exercise of such authority by a senior officer, he will record the reasons for exercising the authority and submit the case to the Zila Nazim for information.
32. Periodical Report of activities of offices.– There shall be prepared, for information of the Zila Nazim, a quarterly report of the activities of each group of offices by each Executive District Officer in the prescribed manner.
33. Action on the reports of the Monitoring Committees. –
1) The reports of the Monitoring Committees shall be examined by the District Coordination Officer and a summary shall be submitted to the Zila Nazim for suggesting a line of action against the inefficient and corrupt officers or officials of the District Government.
2) The Zila Nazim shall inform the Council about the action taken by him on the report of the Monitoring Committee.
34. Submission of cases to the Zila Mushawarat Committee.
1) The Executive District Officer concerned shall be responsible to
prepare the case relating to his area of jurisdiction for submission to the Zila Mushawarat Committee.
2) The cases required to be brought before the Zila Mushawarat Committee shall be in the form of a summary for the committee.
3) Prior approval of the Zila Nazim shall be obtained before submitting a case to the Zila Mushawarat Committee.
4) The Coordination Office of the District Government shall be responsible to ensure that the cases to be brought before the Zila Mushawarat Committee are submitted in a complete form with requisite number of copies prepared by the group of offices concerned.
5) The Coordination Office of the District Government shall be responsible for follow up actions of the decisions taken by the Zila Mushawarat Committee. 20
35. Complaint Cell. – The Complaint Cell established under section 188 of the Ordinance shall function under the direct supervision of the Zila Nazim. 36 Internal Audit –
1) The head of Internal Audit office shall report to the Zila Nazim.
2) The functions of the Internal Audit office shall be as may be prescribed by the Provincial Government.
3) The organizational set up of the Internal Audit office shall be as approved by the Provincial Government.
37. Inspections by the Provincial Local Government Commission. –
1) The District Government shall provide all the necessary support to the Inspection Teams constituted by the Provincial Local Government Commission for conducting annual and special inspections of the local governments.
2) The groups of offices and district offices shall provide all the necessary assistance and relevant documents to the Provincial Local Government Commission promptly under intimation to the District Coordination Officer.
38. Inspection by the Officers of the District Government.–
1) The Executive District Officer shall inspect the working of offices in his group of offices once every six months. He shall pay special attention to –
i) Compliance with the Rules of Business, standing instructions, orders and office directives;
ii) Security arrangements;
iii) General office management; and
iv) Proper use and care of property, equipment and stationery under the control of an office. 21
2) A copy of the inspection report shall be submitted to the Zila Nazim through District Coordination Officer along with steps taken and required to be taken for corrective measures.
3) The District Coordination Officer may conduct inspection of any group of offices and district offices at any time
on his own initiative or, when, so directed by the Zila Nazim and shall submit the report of such inspection to the Zila Nazim along with his recommendations for overcoming the deficiencies.
4) A copy of the inspection report shall be sent to the Executive District Officer concerned after the approval of Zila Nazim.
39. Action on the reference received from Zila Mohtasib. –
1) The references received from the office of the Zila Mohtasib shall be attended to promptly and a reply shall be submitted after obtaining formal approval of the Zila Nazim.
2) The references requiring action by the District Government shall be implemented in letter and spirit.
40. Weeding of records. –
1) Records of the District Government shall be scrutinized after every five years by the in charge of the office.
2) The instructions of the Provincial Government for weeding out records and classification of files shall be applicable to the records of the District Government.
3) All decisions for retention or otherwise of a file and record shall be taken in the light of the instructions referred to in sub-rule (2).
4) The District Coordination Officer shall organize a central record room where record of permanent nature shall be retained and preserved. 22
5) If required by the Provincial Government, the District Government shall transfer a record to the Provincial or Federal Archives in the prescribed manner.
RELATIONS WITH THE COUNCIL
41. Compliance with rules of Zila Council. – All District Government offices shall, in their relation with Zila Council, comply with the rules of procedure and standing orders of the Council.
42. Directions to the Tehsil/Taluqa Nazim, Town Nazim or Union Nazims. –
No Executive District Officer or District Officer shall issue a directive to a Tehsil (Taluqa) Nazim or Town Nazim or Union Nazim without the specific approval of the Zila Nazim.
43. Protection and communication of Official Information.
1) No classified information acquired directly or indirectly from official documents or relating to official matters shall be communicated by a Government servant to the press, non-officials or officials belonging to other Government offices, unless he has been specially empowered to do so.
2) Detailed instructions shall be issued by the District Coordination Officer for the treatment and custody of official documents, computer diskettes
and information of a confidential character.
3) Ordinarily all official news and information shall be conveyed to the press through the District Coordination Group of offices and the manner in which this may be done shall be prescribed generally or specially in each case by the said group of offices.
44. Channel of correspondence. –
1) Correspondence with the Provincial Government or other District Governments shall be conducted through the District Coordination Officer by the Executive District Officer concerned in respect of matters allocated to the group of offices and shall ordinarily be addressed to the Secretary of the Department concerned of the Provincial Government or the District Coordination Officer of the district concerned, as the case may be.
2) All correspondence between the District Government and the sub offices located at the Tehsil (Taluqa) level, shall be conducted through the District Officer of the office concerned.
3) Correspondence with Tehsil (Taluqa) Municipal Administration or Town Municipal Administration or Union Administration of the same district shall be conducted direct by the group of offices in respect of the subjects allocated to them and shall ordinarily be addressed to the Tehsil (Taluqa) Municipal Officer or the Town
Municipal Officer or the Union Nazim, as the case may be.
4) The business of the District Government shall be transacted in accordance with the channel of communication laid down in the rules and instructions.
5) If oral discussions are held with an Executive District Officer by an official of the district office, the later shall communicate the points made during the discussion to his District Officer at the earliest.
45. Interview with the Executive District Officer for disposal of cases. –
The head of an office or a sub office whose cases are held up in the group of offices or who disagree with any decision taken by the group of offices, may seek an interview with the Executive District Officer concerned.
[See Rule 2(1) xi & 2(1) xiv]
Human Resource Management
On-Farm Water Management
Sports and Culture
Colleges (Other than professional)
||Finance & Planning
||Accounts (excluding District Accounts Office)
||Planning & Development
Enterprise and Investment
Information Technology Promotion
Finance & Budget
||Basic & Rural Health
||Child & Woman Health
||Information Technology Development
Information Technology Promotion
||Legal advice and drafting
||Land Revenue, Estate and Excise & Taxation
||Works & Services
||Roads and Buildings (District Roads)
Housing & Physical Planning (only for intra district coordination of Tehsil spatial plans prepared by TMA)
Note: Under Sections 15& 52 of the Ordinance, the Provincial Government may decide for the retention of a nucleus office of Housing & Physical Planning Department with the District Government. This nucleus office shall be responsible for:_
a) Intra-district coordination of Tehsil (Taluqa) spatial plans prepared by the Tehsil (Taluqa) Municipal Administration, and
b) Coordination with the Provincial Government on Provincial spatial planning policies and where required such aspects of Tehsil (Taluqa) spatial plans where coordination with the Provincial Government is required.
[See rule 7(3)]
List of cases to be submitted to the Zila Nazim for his approval before issue of orders.
|Annual Budget Statement.
Authentication of the Schedule of authorized expenditure.
Laying of Supplementary Statement of expenditure before the Zila Council.
Cases in which Provincial Government has issued direction involving implementation of law.
Proposals involving major changes in the functions or powers of District Coordination Officer, Executive District Officers and Heads of Offices.
All cases which are liable to involve the District Government into any controversy with Provincial Government or with another District Government.
Recommendations for the grant of honours and awards.
Cases regarding premature transfers of District Coordination Officer and Executive District Officer.
All Matters of Policy and Important decisions before communicating such matters and decisions to the Provincial Government.
Cases in which inspecting officers are to be designated to objectively examine the performance of a Tehsil (Taluqa) Municipal Administration, Town Municipal Administration and Union Administration in relation to service delivery.
Enquiry reports conducted by the Tehsil (Taluqa) Nazim, Town Nazim or Union Nazim, as and when required, concerning respective local government.