TRAINED PARAMEDICAL STAFF FACILITY
ACT NO. XXX OF 2023
An Act to provide for the facility of trained paramedical staff in public and private schools
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part-I, 21st June, 2023]
No. F.23(36)/2019-Legis.–The following Act of Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) received the assent of the President on the 20th June, 2023 is hereby published for general information:-
WHEREAS it is expedient to provide for the facility of trained paramedical staff in public and private institutions and for the purposes connected therewith and ancillary thereto;
It is hereby enacted as follows:–
- Short title, extent and commencement.–(1) This Act shall be called the Trained Paramedical Staff Facility Act, 2023.
(2) It extends to the Islamabad Capital Territory.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
- Definitions.–In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,–
(a) “Code” means the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898 (Act V of 1898);
(b) “paramedical staff” means the fully trained staff available at any school to provide medical assistance or first aid to the school children in case of need; and
(c) “educational institution” means and includes any public, private institution having the minimum strength of thirty students enrolled there.
- Provision of paramedical staff.–(1) The Federal Government shall ensure the provision of trained paramedical staff at all educational institutions to provide immediate medical assistance and first aid in every educational institution whenever the need arises.
(2) All private educational institutions shall also ensure the provision of paramedical staff at their premises so that the students in need of medical aid may be assisted immediately.
- Punishment for non-compliance.–Whosoever does not comply to the provisions of this Act, shall be given one warning in writing and in case of further non-compliance shall be punished with fine which may extend to one hundred thousand rupees and in case of further noncompliance shall be punished with imprisonment for six months.
- Cognizance of an offence.–Notwithstanding anything contained in the Code, an offence punishable under this Act shall be trial under the Code by the magistrate of first class.
- Application of the provisions of the Code.–Any proceedings under this Act shall be carried out in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Code.
- Removal of difficulties.–If any difficulty arises in giving effect to any provision of this Act, the Federal Government my make such order not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act as may appear to be necessary for the purpose of removing such difficulty.
- Power to make Rules.–The Federal Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act.