UNIVERSITY OF LAHORE (AMENDMENT)
An Act to amend the University of Lahore Ordinance, 2002.
[Gazette of Punjab, Extraordinary, 24th November, 2021]
ACT XL OF 2021
No. PAP/Legis-3(81)/2021/2691.–The University of Lahore (Amendment) Bill, 2021, having been passed by the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab on November 23, 2021, and assented to by the Governor of the Punjab on November 23, 2021, is hereby published as an Act of the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab.
Whereas it is expedient to amend the University of Lahore Ordinance, 2002 (Ordinance LXI of 2002) in the manner hereinafter appearing.
Be it enacted by Provincial Assembly of Punjab as follows:
1. Short title and commencement.–This Act may be cited as the University of Lahore (amendment) Act, 2021.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment in Section 2 of Ordinance LXI of 2002.–In the University of Lahore Ordinance, 2002 (Ordinance LXI of 2002), hereinafter referred to as ‘the Ordinance’, in Section 2:
(i) clause (d) shall be omitted; and
(ii) the word “and” appearing at the end of clause (k) shall be omitted and after clause (k), the following new clause (kk) shall be added:
“(kk) “Trust” means the Ibadat Educational Trust; a Trust established under the Trust Act, 1882, the sponsoring body of the University; and”
3. Amendment in Section 4 of Ordinance LXI of 2002.–In the Ordinance, in Section 4:
(a) in clause (a), for sub-clauses (i) and (ii), the following shall be substituted:
(i) “the Faculties of Sciences, Social Sciences, Arts and Architecture, Law, Information Technology, Management Sciences, Medicine and Dentistry, Allied Health Science, Pharmacy, Engineering and Technology and Languages and Literature; and
(ii) such other branches of knowledge and Faculties as the Board may determine with the approval of the Patron given on the recommendation of a committee constituted by the Board and, where applicable, subject to the prior approval of the relevant statutory body of a professional education.
Provided that the Board shall be competent to approve departments on the recommendation of Academic Council for the approved Faculties subject to the prior approval of the relevant statutory body of a professional education, where applicable.” .
(b) in clause (f), before the word “education”, the word “higher” shall be inserted.
4. Amendment in Section 8 of Ordinance LXI of 2002.–In the Ordinance, in Section 8:
(i) in sub-section (1), in clause (i), the word, “Ibadat” shall be omitted; and
(ii) in sub-section (2), the word “Company” shall be substituted by the word “Trust”.
5. Amendment in the Schedule of Ordinance LXI of 2002.–In the Ordinance, in the Schedule, in Para 1, for the existing clauses, the following shall be substituted:
(a) “Faculty of Sciences;
(b) Faculty of Social Sciences;
(c) Faculty of Arts and Architecture;
(d) Faculty of Law;
(e) Faculty of Languages and Literature;
(f) Faculty of Information Technology;
(g) Faculty of Management Sciences;
(h) Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry;