ACT XXXIX OF 2021
UNIVERSITY OF MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY, LAHORE (AMENDMENT)
An Act to amend the University of Management and Technology, Lahore Act, 2004 (XV of 2004)
[Gazette of Punjab, Extraordinary, 24th November, 2021]
No. PAP/Legis-3(84)/2021/2690.–The University of Management and Technology, Lahore (Amendment) Bill, 2021, having been passed by the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab on November 23, 2021, and assented to by the Governor of the Punjab on November 23, 2021, is hereby published as an Act of the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab.
Whereas it is expedient to amend the University of Management and Technology, Lahore Act, 2004 in the manner hereinafter appearing.
Be it enacted by Provincial Assembly of the Punjab as follows:
1. Short title and commencement.–(1) This Act may be cited as the University of Management and Technology, Lahore (Amendment) Act, 2021.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment in Section 4 of Act XV of 2004.–In the University of Management and Technology, Lahore Act, 2004 (XV of 2004) for brevity referred to as ‘the Act’ in Section 4:
(a) In clause (a), for sub-clause (i), the following shall be substituted;
“(i) Management Sciences, Information Technology, Educational Management and Technology, Media and Communication, Commerce, Economics, Social Sciences and Arts, Languages and Literature, Engineering, Sciences, Design and Textiles, Law, Engineering Technology, Allied Health Sciences, Pharmacy, Humanities and Religions, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Aviation, Strategic Studies and Governance.”; and
(b) For clause (g), the following shall be substituted:
“(g) All recognized teaching in various courses shall be conducted by the University in the prescribed manner and may include lectures, tutorials, discussions, seminars, demonstrations, case studies, distance learning, on-campus, online and other modes of instruction as well as practical work in the laboratories, hospitals, workshops, fields and other governmental or private organizations as prescribed by the Board.”.
3. Amendment in Section 5 of Act XV of 2004.–In the Act, in Section 5, for sub-section (2), the following shall be substituted:
“(2) The University shall not open any sub-campus or affiliate any other educational institution for a period of ten years from the commencement of this Act after which period it may affiliate or have sub-campuses with the approval of the Patron.”.
4. Amendment in Section 8 of Act XV of 2004.–In the Act, in Section 8, for sub-section (1), the following shall be substituted:
“(1) The Rector shall be appointed by the Patron, who shall be an eminent scholar of national repute, on such terms and conditions as may be determined on the recommendations of the Board.”.
5. Amendment of Schedule of Act XV of 2004.–In the Act, in Schedule, in paragraph 1, in sub-para (g), for semicolon and word “and”, full-stop shall be substituted and after sub-para (h), the following new paras shall be added:
“(i) Faculty of Engineering,
(j) Faculty of Sciences;
(k) Faculty of Design and Textiles;
(l) Faculty of Law;
(m) Faculty of Engineering Technology;
(n) Faculty of Allied Health Sciences;